When it comes to planning your wedding day, we recommend hiring a professional wedding planner if you can. Not only are they able to juggle all of your wedding vendors, but they can also offer guidance on budget, style, timelines, and everything in between.
Plus, they can handle any day-of crises that might come up. This may suppress so much of the stress during your wedding planning process, a frequently asked question is exactly how much does a wedding planner cost?
Who is wedding planner? - Wedding planner cost
Wedding planners focus on the details, from vendor recommendations and contract negotiations to carrying out your vision on the big day.
Others choose to leave those details to a wedding designer, which means you’ll need to hire two professionals to create the day of your dreams. Some wedding planners also offer design or styling services, assisting with the creative details of your wedding day. Ask your planner in advance if they provide design services.
What does a wedding planner do? - Wedding planner cost
- Provides vendor referrals and negotiates contracts; schedules and attends all vendor meetings.
- Tracks deposits and payments for all vendors.
- Creates detailed timelines and floor plans.
- Helps determine and manage your budget, as well as tracks deposits and payments.
- Attends site tours and menu tastings.
- Brainstorms style ideas and coordinates design details.
- Coordinates hotel room blocks and transportation.
- Manages the rehearsal.
- Oversees everything on the wedding day (makes sure everyone adheres to the timeline, handles snafus, manages vendors, and executes your vision on-site).
How much does a wedding planner cost?
A wedding planner’s cost depends on your wedding size, location, and the level of service provided. Experts suggest setting aside 5-10% of your wedding budget for a wedding planner. Doing so goes far beyond convenience — in the end, a wedding planner helps couples save money and time while providing peace of mind on their wedding day. Check out our comprehensive guide to understanding how much a wedding planner costs and why they’re worth working into your budget.
Something else to consider is that not all wedding planners adhere to the same standard rates and may offer different planning packages. By that, we mean a wedding planner typically charges in one of three ways: a flat fee, an hourly rate, or a percentage of your overall wedding bill—so it totally depends on the type of wedding planner you choose to hire and what your own wedding budget is.
What services does a wedding planner's fee include?
The services a wedding planner cost includes vary depending on the type of professional you’re hiring — whether it’s a full-service, month-of, or day-of planner, or a planner who specializes in destination weddings. Here are some of the most common services that your wedding planner may include in his or her package:
- Correspondence: About 30 percent of a wedding planner’s time is spent communicating with you and your vendors via email and phone. Think of your planner as the “coach” of your vendor team who ensures that all of your wedding pros work together well—and frequent communication is a huge part of that.
- Venue and vendor selection: Your planner likely has a lot of connections in the wedding industry and can help you pick the right venue and vendors that can help bring your wedding vision to life. Often, your planner will attend interviews and meetings with you and your vendors, too.
- Organization: A big part of wedding planning is the paperwork? Wedding planners can make sure that all of your budgets, contracts, timelines, etc. are properly organized and easily accessible if needed.
- Wedding prep: There are lots of seemingly small tasks that go into creating your perfect day both before and on the day from creating a wedding-day timeline, assembling invitations, setting up your favorite display, assisting with your seating chart, and much more.
- Day-of coordination: You might not see your wedding planner much on the day of your wedding—and that’s how it should be! Your planner will arrive long before your ceremony begins and stay well afterward, making sure that everything runs on time and smoothly from behind the scenes and that any issues are handled quickly and quietly so that you and your new spouse can enjoy the day, stress-free!
- Post-wedding tasks: There will likely be several important tasks to handle after the wedding, from ensuring clean-up and breakdown occur properly to returning rental items and making sure vendors receive their tips.
Established in 2012, DNX Wedding is a subsidiary of DNX specializing in wedding planning and coordination to provide, supervise and manage all the details of a comprehensive wedding plan.
- Wedding planning: Our team will help you plan and organize your biggest event from A to Z
- Wedding decoration: We consult the ideas and concepts that match your unique personality, and story and transform them into reality by supervising the on-site decoration activities.
- Wedding photography/videography: Capturing the unforgettable moments of your once-in-a-lifetime event is indispensable with the professionalism of our Photo/Filming Crew.
DNX team is always ready to support and advise you when it comes to wedding services. Please contact DNX Wedding according to the information below if your business is in need of advice.
Headquarter: 04 Bau Tram 3, Khue Trung Ward, Cam Le District, Danang
HCMC Branch: 220/1 Xo Viet Nghe Tinh, Ward 21, Binh Thanh District, Danang